home.live.com doesn’t thrill me at all!!!
Is anyone else a little uninspired by http://home.live.com?
Sure, its a nice interface, I was quite impressed when I first saw it. But as I start using it it just seems that there isn’t THAT much of substance on it.
- The ‘Messenger’ section doesn’t actually tell me anything, its just some dumb text. I thought it might actually show me something useful, like which of my contacts is logged on.
- Same with Contacts. It doesn’t actually tell me anything.
- There are two links to hotmail, two to start a IM conversation, and two to view contacts, all within a space of screen real estate about 5"*2". Actually the hotmail and contacts links all take you to hotmail so that’s actually FOUR links to the same place.
- In the ‘More Services’ section the same problem exists. Two links to Onecare, two to skydrive, two to Gallery.
- ‘Windows Live Desktop’ link doesn’t take me anywhere interesting at all. (I’m guessing it will pretty soon.)
- Lest I forget there are MORE links to the same things up next to the search box
- Where’s the search spyglass gone? (I know I’m not the first to lament its disappearance – I dare say there’s a good reason for it)
- On my widescreen monitor there’s an AWFUL lot of wasted screen real estate.
- As I write there’s a "spinny" in the ‘Inbox’ section. Its been there for a few minutes now. What’s the problem? Why can’t it display my emails?
- The ‘Calendar’ link from the Windows orb doesn’t take me into my calendar
- The whole page doesn’t actually give me that much that isn’t accessible from ‘the orb’
- Where is my "home" page now? Is it http://home.live.com,
http://www.live.com or http://jamiethomson.home.services.spaces.live.com.