View your Facebook Calendar in Windows Live
Did you know that you can get access to all of your Facebook calendar (which contains all of the Facebook events that you have been invited to) in Windows Live alongside all the other calendars that you subscribe to?
Here’s how you do it.
- Open up http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/events.php which, after you login, will show you all of your Facebook events
- Click the Export Events link (you can see it above) and the following information appears. Copy the link.
- Head over to Live Calendar and hit the Subscribe button
- Ensure that “Subscribe to a public calendar” is selected, paste in the URL that you just copied, give the calendar a name and finally pick a colour for the calendar. Once you’ve done all that hit Subscribe to calendar.
- And voila, your Facebook calendar will appear at http://calendar.live.com along with any other calendars that you use. That’s all there is to it!
I really love this feature because I can now see nearly all of my calendar information (and my wife’s) in one place at http://calendar.live.com. Now if only the Windows Live and Office teams at Microsoft could knock their heads together to enable me to see my work Exchange calendar as well. As I said a year ago in my blog entry Viewing work and personal calendars together this is not a big ask given that I already publish my Exchange calendar to Office Online using my Windows Live ID.