Archive for June 2011
I have been having a few issues with a Dell laptop recently and wanted to contact Dell Support about them. Over to the Dell Support website I go and after A LOT of clicking aound randomly I finally ended up at the following screen:
A fairly standard page offering submission of support incidents via email. I submitted all my details and duly received the following email:
Thank you for contacting Dell Technical Support. As we continue to focus on improving the services we offer our customers we have made some changes to our eSupport offerings.
Please note, that this support mailbox is no longer in use and your message will not be responded too.
Amazing! This is a response to an email that was generated by Dell’s website!
Dell Computers – plumbing new depths of customer support!
Windows 8 was unveiled publicly for the first time less than 12 hours ago and upon seeing the sugar-coated videos and demos I have a few questions.
- Do I have to login with my Windows Live ID or can I (for example) login with my Facebook account?
- What with this “store” tile? More info please!
- What happens to Windows Live Essentials? Are they even relevant anymore?
- Will Windows Phone apps work on Windows 8 (and vice versa)?
- Will I be able to view more than two applications at a time using the new snap feature? So far I have only seen two at a time in the demos.
And some questions relevant to my other life…
- Will SQL Server leverage these new live tile things?
- Can we expect to see a SSRS report appear as a live tile?
- Will some 3rd party vendor build an app that displays SQL Server perf metrics as a live tile?